Friday 18 October 2013

Coney Weston 221 diary

Friday 18 October 2013 - The only media coverage thus far is
http://icenipost.com/ned-pamphilon-exhibition-village-paintings-coney-weston-221/
Thanks İceni Post!
I have delivered an invitation to just about every home in the village. I now have experience in letter receiving facilities; the easy ones that consume leaflets with pleasure and the ones with all this brushy stuff that makes it so difficult to push something like a paper leaflet through the gap. My leaflet says this...

Raising community spirit : Verdi used music. Ned uses paint.

Dear all,

I invite you to see my new paintings: My Village Coney Weston 221. I’m hiring the village hall for 4 days only. Entry free. By all means bring your own tipple. I attended Thetford nursery school, lived in Coney Weston since 1967 with over 25 years away and abroad in between. I remember when the village pond had water and ducks; when George lived in a long gone thatched house next door; our dog playing football with us village kids up at the football meadow before the days of plastic poo bags; making dens in the concrete aerodrome huts in the field next to the village hall that no longer exist; Joan Fordham living opposite with hoards of cats she fed fresh fish; playing in the field out back before it became Paddock Farm; when the idea of buying bottled water would have been deemed madness; rehearsing a rock band in our front room while Noel and Daisy were attending the Methodist Chapel on Sundays - hello Daisy, you better come! I am Arsenal (that’ll make Luke laugh!), grew up among Tractor Boys and Canaries and survived.

I’ve painted all sorts, landscapes to portraits e.g Turkey’s Atatürk; St. Edmund and The Queen which were displayed in BSE Cathedral; Thomas Paine currently in Thetford Library. For several years I proposed the Istanbul Rainbow Bridge project which may happen one day once the current Turkish AKP government is replaced. I suddenly had the urge to produce my first set of paintings for 3 years after hearing Italian American Trends Forecaster Gerald Celente talking about Verdi; see the internet link below. I may paint more of my village, but set a deadline and this is it so far. The paintings are pretty bright and there’s lots of green.

Best wishes, Ned.

Coney Weston Village Hall Opening Times:
Thursday 24 October 3.00pm – 9.00pm
Friday 25 October 11.00am – 3.00pm
Saturday 26 October 11.00am – 7.00pm
Sunday 27 October 12.00pm – 6.00pm

http://nppmyvillage221.blogspot.co.uk/

As it says on the sign entering the village: Please Drive ‘arefully !

Sunday 20 Octover 2013 - Oh Arsenal yesterday. Sorry Canaries, but business is business and my team were sublime at times yesterday:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24503989


Wednesday 23 October 2013 - Arsenal lost at home to Dortmund last night. Bah humbug, however, this morning I had an e-mail from Kingston, New York... I wish he'd call me Ned, but apart from that...

"Dear Mr. Pamphilon,

Thank you so much for your kind words, but most of all thank you! Your work is wonderful, your passion on fire, and your courage inspirational.
I wish you all the greatest of success. Please feel free to use my quotes. I admire your work, and find pleasure, joy, inspiration, comfort and warmth from your paintings.

Ciao,
Gerald Celente"

Gerald's keynote speech I recommend everyone give time to:
... from: http://www.trendsresearch.com/speaker.php
YouTube link part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjvrtEvHU1c#t=151
YouTube link part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW-UsbHyjoM

Thursday 24 October 2013 - letter from Matthew Hancock MP wishing me luck for the exhibition. Thanks Matthew, but fracking is not a good idea and neither is the Green Party nor Caroline Lucas. I'll expand at a later date.

Friday 25 October 2013 - A note to myself to mention Chris Bunning who was buried this week. Childhood mate and good bloke despite whatever else. Brave goalie and apparently slip in cricket.
Coney Weston 221 is in the Bury Free Press.... good page space.


Saturday 26 October 2013 - Moments that make the effort worthwhile. Daisy, 82, came into the village hall to view my exhibition. It was the first time she's been into the village hall for 2 1/2 years following the wake of her husband Noel. It was a huge step for her. It was quite an emotional moment for me once she'd put me in the picture. The power of art. What an effort she made. I said how good she looked for 82. What's the secret Daisy? "Keep being stupid and keep laughing!" she replied with a smile. Her dog Basil stayed sat and alert watching the whole time.

Sunday 27 October 2013 -I counted 25, 17, 36 and 50 attendees over the 4 days. There may have been one or two who escaped my counting, plus at least 2 babies and 2 dogs. That is at least 128, which is pretty good for a village hall in the middle of the countryside. There were apparently 50 due to attend the Conservative Sausage Supper on the Friday night, so I suppose you could include them. Names that come to mind of people I chatted to are Janet Jackson and Michael and Margaret Capon.

Tuesday 29 October 2013 - I've been handed a copy of The Bury Edition, a free magazine picked up in Waitrose: p. 11 features Istanbul Where East Meets West next to Bloomin' Bury (St. Edmund's) plus a portrait of Anoushka, an English teacher from Taiwan and Shelfanger. I supplied a mixture of East Anglian and Turkish images from the magazine made its own choice.
The Bury Edition: http://issuu.com/brightpublishing/docs/be_10_13


14.11.2013 - The village website features Coney Weston 221 and a Xmas card has been produced:
http://coneyweston.onesuffolk.net/our-village/coney-weston-art-by-ned-pamphilon/
http://coneyweston.onesuffolk.net/village-hall/